In most European countries SmartGrids initiatives are growing aiming to advance the SmartGrids development and to analyse the national needs for the future grid.
In order to achieve this goal, the European Technology Platform (ETP) on SmartGrid is striving to align its work with national and regional needs and thus aims at a close cooperation with regional and national initiatives in order to promote the European view on SmartGrids development.
Based on the first information exchange between the National and Regional SmartGrids initiatives in Europe, this map shows the top priorities in the SmartGrids area the involved platforms are working on:
National and Regional SmartGrids platforms in Europe
- Technology Platform Smart Grids Austria. Read more
- Smart Grids Flanders (Belgium). Read more
- Cyprus Technology Platform for SmartGrids (CyTP4SG). Read more
- Czech Republic Technology Platform Smartgrid. Read more
- Hellenic Technology Platform for Smart Grids (HTPSG) (Greece). Read more
- Smart Grid Ireland. Read more
- Smart Grids Italia. Read more
- TKI Switch2SmartGrids (Netherlands). Read more
- Norwegian Smartgrid Centre. Read more
- Slovenian Technology Platform. Read more
- FUTURED (Spain). Read more
- Association Smart Grid Switzerland. Read more
Meetings & Events in collaboration with the NTP/RTP
- 25/06/2015: National Smart Grid Webinars: Smart Grids Flanders. Summary and presentations available here.
- 19/05/2015: Vienna. ETP SmartGrids Workshop on Future Technology and Research Priorities for SmartGrids in Europe Focus: Smart Meters for Distribution Networks – Data and Control. Read more.
- 28/04/2015: Brussels. The ETP and National SmartGrids Initiatives – Cooperation Workshop and Presentation of SmartGrids-Booklet. Read more.
Download the "National and Regional Smart Grids initiatives in Europe - Cooperation opportunities among Europe's active platforms" (May 2016, 2nd Ed.) booklet here.
If you are a NTP/RTP and you would like to collaborate with the ETP on SmartGrids, contact us.
- Main focus: Network for an innovative energy future in Austria
- Top 3 priorities: Demand response, Market integration, Privacy and data security
- Website: www.smartgrids.at
- Contact: Angela Berger - Managing Director, Technology Platform Smart Grids Austria. email@example.com
- Main focus: knowledge sharing platform, networking opportunities
- Top 3 priorities: Grid (infrastructure) intelligence, Home and building intelligence, Industrial prosumers
- Website: www.smartgridsflanders.be
- Contact: Heidi Lenaerts. +32 2 229 81 67 Koningsstraat 158, 1000 Brussel. Heidi.Lenaerts@smartgridsflanders.be
- Main focus: Accelerated deployment of Smart Technology to decarbonize the economy
- Top 3 priorities: Smart Metering, Integration of Renewables, Distribution Grid Modernization
- Website: www.smartgridireland.org
- Contact: Paddy Turnbull firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main focus: Technology and innovation promotion
- Top 3 priorities: distribution system power and energy management strategies, Smart Electricity system planning, operation and maintenance, Regulation
- Website: www.futured.es
- Contact: Enrique Morgades (technical secretariat) email@example.com